Foster Parent Resources
Foster Care Board Payments
What is the Mississippi Way2Go Card? The Mississippi Way2Go Card is a prepaid card issued by Comerica Bank. The Mississippi Way2Go Card is an electronic method for receiving your Adoption Subsidy and Foster Care Board Payment. TANF and Child Support payments may be issued on this card as well. Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services will electronically deposit your payments onto a Way2Go Card for you. Use the Mississippi Way2Go Card® mobile app, www.goprogram.com, or call 1-855-709-1079 to activate your Card and create your PIN. Be sure to have your card handy to set up your new account. You can access the MS Way2GO Card activation instructions and FAQs below for additional assistance.
Resource Homes Monthly E-Payment Deposits (RHEPD)
This web application will allow the primary caretaker for the resource home (Foster and Adoption) to sign on and see the monthly payment amount deposited to their Way2Go Card account on the 15th of each month.
Resource Parent Board Schedule
Above and Beyond Survey
When one of our staff goes above and beyond for your family or the children placed in your home, please let us know about it using the link below. We want to be sure to recognize our staff members when they make an impression on you.
Foster Parent Updates and Support Group Schedule
Foster Parent Updates are one of the ways that MDCPS communicates valuable information to our foster parents. That includes policy updates, support group schedules, resources, and other relevant information.
Each month, the Foster Parent Liaison emails scheduled support groups to our foster parents. The scheduled meetings will count towards the ongoing training hours that foster parents need to renew their foster care license each year.
If you aren’t receiving the update emails and want to be added to the list or if you would like to learn more about starting a support group in your area, please email Olevia Billips for more information.
Current Foster Parent Updates
Archived Foster Parent Updates
Foster Parent Bill of Rights
As a foster parent, you have certain rights.
- A clear understanding of your role while providing care and the roles of the birth parent(s) and the placement agency with respect to the child in your care.
- The opportunity to develop confidence in making day-to-day decisions in regard to the child.
- The opportunity to learn and grow in your vocation through planned education in caring for the child.
- Respect, consideration, trust, and value as a family who is making an important contribution to CPS’ objectives.
The Foster Parent Bill of Rights, which was adopted during the 2023 Mississippi Legislative Session, provides an outline of the rights and responsibilities of foster families. Please click the link below for the full document.
Foster Parent Grievance Policy
Foster parents are vital to the work we do to support Mississippi’s children. MDCPS strives to provide information, resources, and guidance to all foster families. Should you have concerns regarding the rights afforded under the Foster Parents’ Bill of Rights, please complete the grievance form so that our team can assist your family and address your concerns.
- Coping and Mental Health during COVID 19: Stress and Coping (cdc.gov)
- National Alliance on Mental Health COVID-19-Guide (nami.org)
- Ensuring the Right to Childhood; Children's Bureau
- Preventing Placement Disruptions
- Aging Out; Healing, Preparing and Supporting Youth in Foster Care